Do you have Minecraft Pocked Edition running on another device – like a iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android Phone or Tablet?
If so — this post will tell you how you can connect Minecraft Pi Edition on Raspberry PI with Minecraft Pocket Edition on one of the devices above?
First here are two pics — one showing the stuffaboutcode big clock running on both raspberry pi and the iPod Touch, and the other showing effect of the rainbow script on the iPod Touch!!
So why is this cool? Well by doing this you can…
- Have two or more people playing Minecraft together – one on the Raspberr PI and one or more on the devices named above!
- If you run a python script against Minecraft on the Raspberry Pi — you can interact with it on one of the devices above!!
Here’s how to do this yourself
- Make sure both the raspberry pi and ios/android device are on the same home network as this won’t work over the internet.
- On your raspberry pi
- Start Minecraft
- Click Start Game
- Select the game you want to play
- On your iOS or Android device:
- Launch Minecraft Pocked Edition
- click join game.
- select “Steve Pi”
Thats it 🙂
Let us know in the comments how this works for you!